Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Rant

I don't indulge in rants very often so I'm entitled to this one now.

Lately I've had a few newbie actors ask me for advice in getting started.  Some have been wise and taken it (not that I know everything but, hey, I've been around the block) while others have chosen to ignore it.  I've heard every excuse "I'm not interested in taking classes, I don't need to get a professional headshot, I can get auditions with no experience and no agent, I don't want to do theater, just film". 

Well, good luck with all that.  Yes, I am working now.  NOW, after eight long years of paying my dues, of keeping my arse in class, taking workshops, working on my career on a daily basis, challenging myself in every possible way, taking care of the business side and busting my butt constantly.  Riding the highs and lows and everything in between, I'm finally booking work, FINALLY.

But if you think you can take short cuts, don't need to work on your craft, are above theater and are going to be the next big thing, GOOD LUCK.  Let me know how that works out because you will officially be the first to accomplish it.

For the rest of you, thanks for listening and appreciating that this is a damn hard thing to do.  And the only way to do it is through hard work and putting in the time.  Lots and lots of time. 

End of rant. 

Thanks for allowing me the indulgence and keep on keeping on. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment